The Autel MaxiIM IM608 has more value if you buy the bundle kit that comes with the APB112 Key simulator and the GBOX2. Normally the bundle that includes these 2 is the same price as JUST the IM608 with XP400 programmer.
What is Autel APB112 Simulator?
The APB112 smart key simulator is used to collect the data sent from the ignition coil,aiming to identify the ignition coil troubles and decode the data of the vehicle key chip.
It can also simulate the vehicle key chip.
AUTEL APB112 Features:
- Smart key simulator
- Compatible with IM608, IM508, and MX808IM
- Compact but would need to be used with the XP400
- Cannot be used with the XP200
- 46, 4D data collection
- 46 smart key password calculation
- 46 chip simulation
- Toyota 4D (94/ D4, 98) smart key simulation
- Toyota H (88/ A8, A9, 39) smart key simulation
- Collects data from the ignition coil
- Identify ignition coil troubles
- Decode vehicle key chip data
- Simulate vehicle key chip (ex – 4D chip)
- Must be used with an Autel diagnostic tool
- Toyota/ Lexus smart key all key lost
- Chip decoding (Hyundai 46)
What is Autel G-Box2 Adapter?
The G-BOX2 realizes fast mode on vehicle and bench when all keys of Merc-edes-Be-nz vehicles using ths DAS3 EIS/EZS are lost. The use of the G-BOX2 reduces the time needed and eliminates the process of insertion and removal.
The G-BOX2 can read and access most engines manufactured by Bosch including EDS/ MEx17 series engines used in BM-W and Volksw-agen Vehicles. This capability supports the ability to perform adaptions when all keys are lost and engine is replaced.
The G-BOX2 is compatible with the Autel’s advanced diagnostic tablets support IMMO and key programming functions.
Autel G-BOX2 Features:
Supports Mercedes Benz All Keys Lost, faster calculate password
Supports IM608 or IM508 with XP400
Used for Faster Mercedes ECU data and EIS password calculation
Mercedes DAS3 can EIS/EZS all keys lost
Reduces reading time of W204 ECU data & W207 EIS by over 85%
No need to remove and reinsert the key for W221 & W164 after 2009 models
Can read and write BMW DME/DDE ISN in boot mode
Compatible with Auro IM600 & Auro IM100 with XP400
I would recommend it for a 1st tool for these reasons:
- It’s my first key oriented tool and it’s been great for learning on
- tech support for Autel is spot on, the immo team there is knowledgeable and actually wants to help. Jocy is who I ask for.
- it is fairly universal and if the software is lacking, often times you can’t still get the job with extra work because of the XP400 and GBOX2 then just not doing it at all if your dead set on JUST OBD
- the diag software is good, it comes with a built in hex editor that works well, storage and organization is neat
- the J2534 programmer is an added source of revenue, often overlooked feature when talking immo but I use it in a pinch when factory files are needed
Most people will tell you as they have told me that no one tool will do all jobs. I think VVDI 2 might have better software.
Subscription wise some say the IM608 is costly.
Luckily just getting ONE of these quality brands will probably open you up to buying and wanting even more. I thought the IM608 was too expensive when I bought it, took me months to commit. Now that I have it and its making money, I have no regrets.
A: It’s really depends on the individual. Some people prefer the Elite some prefer the im608. It really just depends on your needs.
The IM608 is better bang for buck you can do bmw and Benz programming through j2534 anyway. I sold my elite for my im608 and never once regretted it.